In commemoration of the third death anniversary of late advocate Lily Thomas, the office of Lily Thomas and Saju Jakob, Advocates and Solicitors, is organising an essay writing competition.
Lily Thomas, who passed away in 2019, was among the first woman advocates in India and pioneered PILs in India. Advocate Saju Jakob is now carrying forward her legacy.
The topic for this year’s essay writing competition is ‘Future of Truth and Freedom of Press in Today’s Era’.
The essay writing competition is open to law students, advocates, legal professionals, journalists, academicians and people from other related fields. The winner will receive Rs 10,000 along with a certificate of appreciation. The first runner-up will get Rs 5,000 along with a certificate of appreciation. The second runner-up will get Rs 3,000 along with a certificate of appreciation. The next seven participants will each receive Rs 1,000 and a certificate of appreciation. The articles of the top three candidates will be published on the official website of Lily Thomas and Saju Jakob, www.lilythomas.net.
In addition, the Top Three participants will be given two minutes to present their papers. Every participant will receive a certificate, provided they also participate in the memorial lecture to be held on December 12, 2022 in which judges (Supreme Court) and law professors (including from foreign universities) will be present.
- The word limit for each essay: 1,600-1,800 words (excluding footnotes and abstract).
- No Co-authorship is allowed.
- Multiple entries for the same authors are not allowed.
- Individual Attachments: Name; contact details; current academic status (if applicable); year, university/college, etc. undertaking to guarantee originality.
- Citation Style: 19th Bluebook edition.
- The font shall be Times New Roman, the font size 12 and the line spacing 1.5.
- Interested candidates should send their articles along with abstracts by November 15, 2022 with the subject “Lawyers as Inventors”.
- Essays should be sent to the office via email at email@example.com
- Participants shall send their personal details/contact details. Any late submission will not be considered.
- Results will be announced on December, 12, 2022 in the Memorial Lecture, the details of which will be uploaded later/soon.
- For any further queries, write to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact at 9667661678.
- The registration for the competition is free and open to all.